WIFE. MUMMY. DOG MUM. BEAUTY JUNKIE.

Tuesday 14 November 2017

MUM & DAUGHTER DAY: MANCHESTER CHRISTMAS MARKETS, SAN CARLO BOTTEGA & MAKEUP SHOPPING.

Just like the old Christmas song goes, right now it really is 'the most wonderful time of the year.' I absolutely love Autumn and Winter, and with Christmas 2017 fast approaching, I must admit, I am beginning to feel very festive.

Now, as most of you will probably already know, I'm a Manchester girl, born and bred, and in Manchester, we make a pretty huge deal out of Christmas. In fact, Christmas is such a huge deal in Manchester, our Christmas Markets have been voted one of the best in Europe. And rightly so, too! If you haven't already paid a visit to the Manchester Christmas Markets, then you're seriously missing out. It's about time you got yourself up North, grabbed a mulled wine and joined in with the festivities - even if it is only mid November!

A lot of people really don't like the fact that Christmas and the build up to Christmas starts so far in advance, but for me, it's perfect. The Manchester Christmas Markets officially opened on Friday 10th November (the Friday just gone), and I love that this now means I've got weeks of festivities to enjoy in the run-up to the big day.

Anyway, my Mum and I decided to head into town on Sunday to take our first wander around the markets, grab some food and induldge in some good old retail therapy (winter fashion is everything, right?) So, for this blog post, I thought I'd do something a bit different for a change and share with you what we got up to in good old Manchester on Sunday.

I'd like to start by saying that as soon as me and my mum are together and shopping is involved, amazing things happen. We always eat at the nicest places and of course, we always come away with bags full of goodies. My mum is literally my best friend in the entire world, and I love spending time with her.

At the moment, our favourite place to eat in Manchester is San Carlo Bottega in Selfridges. So, the first thing we did upon arrival to town on Sunday was head over to San Carlo Bottega for some delicious food and drinks. And pretty much as always, my mum and I both opted for exactly the same thing - Tuna steak. I absolutely adore seafood and tuna steak is one of my favourite ever things to eat. On Sunday, our tuna steak was served with aubergine, pine nuts and peppers, and needless to say, it was just delicious.








For those of you that don't know, San  Carlo is an Italian upmarket restaurant chain with a really authentic italian feel to it. Another thing that I love about San Carlo, particularly San Carlo Bottega (which is situated in Selfridges, Exchange Square) is the view from the restaurant. This restaurant is in one of my favourite parts of Manchester, and I love that it overlooks Corn Exchange, The Printworks and now, one of the central Christmas Market zones, too.

Moving on, we had the most delicious caramel latte's and ginger ale's to drink - both of which we really enjoyed. As you all know, I'm a latte addict, and San Carlo Bottega makes the most insane latte's. Word.

When we eat out in town, and anywhere else really, my mum and I both really enjoy soaking up the atmosphere. I hate rushing my food and I like to properly enjoy that part of the day, so after a nice relaxing chat and our lovely food, we headed down to *probably my favourite section in Selfridges* - the lower ground floor, home to high end beauty brands such as MAC, Charlotte Tilbury, Chanel, Bobbi Brown, Kiehl's, Illamasqua - heck, everything you could ever possibly dream of. For us, though, it was all about MAC and NARS on Sunday - two of my favourite makeup brands, ever.

In my last blog post, I talked about my new everyday lipstick, MAC Peach Blossom Lipstick, and on Sunday, my mum decided to treat herself to the same one. We also picked up a couple of MAC makeup blenders whilst we were there, too (which I'm actually yet to try! I'll get a review written up soon!)


I love that my mum trusts my opinion on makeup, so whenever she wants to buy some new products, I always go with her to offer my opinion and to help out with things. And, with the help of the most amazing NARS assistant ever, my mum walked away with a ton of new NARS purchases - NARS Sheer Glow Foundation, NARS Orgasm Blush, NARS Mascara, NARS Eyebrow Mascara, NARS Vanessa Lipstick - a whole collection of amazing cosmetic products, which, again, I will share with you very soon.

So, after our very successful trip to Selfridges, all glammed up and feeling fabulous, we headed outside to soak up the festive Manchester atmosphere and take a first look at the 2017 Manchester Christmas Markets.




I don't know what it is that makes the Manchester Christmas Markets quite so special, but that first wander around those cute little wooden huts always leaves me so warm and fuzzy feeling inside. I guess it's just great so see so many people having such a great time, and everything looks so cute and pretty!

I really hope you enjoyed this blog post, and I can't wait to share more with you soon!

Lots of love,
Grace x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Leave a note...

Blogger Template Created by pipdig