WIFE. MUMMY. DOG MUM. BEAUTY JUNKIE.

Thursday 24 August 2017

MAKEUP: MY DAILY ESSENTIALS FOR A BEAUTIFUL BRONZE BASE.

People often ask me about the makeup products that I use to create my base, so for this post, I've decided to provide you with a full run through of my foundation and priming essentials that I trust to give me my beloved golden glow.

As I fake tan regularly, sometimes I am super bronzed, and at other times, I'm a little fairer skinned. For this reason, I own two different foundation shades. This allows me to blend the shades together, or use them on their own depending on my skin tone at that time.

The foundation I'm currently using (and expect to continue using for the foreseeable future) is the Charlotte Tilbury 'Light Wonder' foundation. I used to be obsessed with the MAC Face and Body, but after trying the amazing Light Wonder, I'm sorry MAC, but I've been fully converted.

I must've said this a thousand times, so apologies for sounding like a broken record on this one, but I really am very particular about my foundation in that I don't like anything that looks too heavy or cakey. With that said, I do like my skin to look bright, refreshed and flawless. It's a tricky one, but thanks to our Charlotte, achieving this exact result is as easy as ABC.



The Charlotte Tilbury Light Wonder foundation comes in a whole host of different shades, so whether your fairer than fair, or deeper than deep, this stunning foundation is bound to come in a colour that suits your complexion.

As I said earlier, I actually own this foundation in two different shades - 3 & 6. As you can probably guess, 3 is on the fairer side, and 6 sits somewhere in the middle. Most of the time, I blend the two together to create the perfect tone to match my skin, but if I'm looking particularly dark, I'll use shade 6. If you like your skin to look all caramel and golden, shade 6 is perfect.

Anyway, that's the foundation side of things explained. For some reason, I'm writing this post in reverse, so apologies for the confusion, but next up, I'm going to talk about what I apply before my foundation (again, apologies for doing this the complete wrong way round - I'm obviously working backwards today.)

I never used to be a huge one for using primer. I would literally moisturise, wait a minute, and then go straight in there with the foundation. Oh how times have changed. Since incorporating a high-quality primer into my makeup routine, I honestly can't even explain what a huge difference I've noticed. So, quick word of advice to all the ladies still shying away from primer - it's time to get involved. I promise you'll never look back.

The primer that I'm currently obsessing over, and again, probably will never stop obsessing over is the glorious and very aptly named, Charlotte Tilbury 'Wonderglow'. This golden, glistening, glowing primer smoothes onto the skin seamlessly to create the perfect base for foundation. You only need a tiny amount - I use less than a pea-sized blob - and it works like a dream. During the summer months and on holiday when I prefer to wear less makeup, this product gives me the confidence to go completely foundation-free, as it gives me an instant radiance boost, and leaves my skin glowing.

Unfortunately, as the weather here isn't great, even during the summer months, I don't get to do this all that often. For the majority of the time, I rock the whole works, and the next product I'm going to introduce you to works perfectly when mixed with the Charlotte Tilbury Wonderglow...

I've been using the Benefit 'Dew the Hoola' liquid, pump-action bronzer for about 18 months now, and I'm still just as in love with it as the first day I tried it on the Good Ship Benefit in London. Presented in a beautiful rose gold dispenser, this product is a must-have for any tanning queen.

Sheer in texture but highly pigmented, this fabulous product blends seamlessly with the Charlotte Tilbury Wonderglow, to create the perfect base for foundation. Again, I use less than a pea-sized blob, and use my fingertips to blend the two liquids together. I then apply the product to my face using my fingertips (I always wash my hands before touching my face) and smooth on. For me, this creates the most amazing, tanned, luminous glow. It's actually a great alternative to facial tanners, too, which I know some people are anxious about using.

I honestly adore each and every one of these products, and would recommend them to anyone. So, if you're on the hunt for some new makeup essentials to treat yourself to this upcoming payday, take my word for it, these beauties are like gold dust.

I really hope you enjoyed this blog post. Please feel free to leave any comments in the box below.

Lots of love,
Grace x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Leave a note...

Blogger Template Created by pipdig